Agile’s influence on the project management industry continues to rise at pace. More organizations and project professionals than ever are embracing Agile tools and frameworks as they aim to increase the success of – and return on investment from – projects and other change initiatives.
Since its introduction in 2010, AgilePM has fast established itself as the leading framework and certification for agile project management.
Published by the Agile Business Consortium, AgilePM guidance offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile. It offers a structured and scalable corporate Agile framework based on proven practice.
But why has AgilePM proven so popular? Here are some of the key features that contribute to its success.
- A tried and tested corporate approach: AgilePM is essentially a project manager’s subset of the Agile Business Consortium’s wider Agile Project Framework. The framework – established for over 20 years and regularly refreshed – provides governance and rigour along with the agility and flexibility demanded by organizations today.
- Addresses the full project lifecycle (beyond product development): AgilePM offers a mature Agile approach that, whilst offering agility and flexibility, retains the concepts of a project, project delivery and project management. It goes beyond the realm of Agile product development approaches such as Scrum.
- Quality & governance controls: One of AgilePM’s underlying principles is Never Compromise Quality. In an AgilePM project, high-level acceptance criteria is agreed at various stages throughout the project lifecycle, from initial requirements at the feasibility stage, to objectives for each stage of product/solution development.
- Risk management: AgilePM provides practical ideas for managing risk, directly addressing many of the common risks associated with projects. The Project Approach Questionnaire provides an effective starting point for creating a clear, shared understanding of project risks and their mitigation.
- Clear roles & responsibilities: People working together effectively is the foundation of any successful project. AgilePM recognizes this and assigns clear roles and responsibilities to each person in a project, representing business, solution/technical, management and process interests.
- Popular agile practices incorporated: AgilePM incorporates and encourages a range of popular agile practices to support effective product and solution development, including MoSCoW Prioritisation, Timeboxing and Iterative Development.
NEED TO TRAIN YOURSELF AND YOUR TEAM?
If you’re new to AgilePM and interested in knowing more, visit this page
QRP trainings are eligible for a grant from the Luxembourg State. The Luxembourg State supports businesses in their vocational training programmes by providing a financial contribution to their training plans.
How to finance your education
In order to be able to apply for the grant, the client must follow some steps.
Depending on the annual investment in continuing vocational training and the type of training, a company is entitled to various forms of aid from the National Institute for the Development of Continuing Vocational Training (Institut National pour le développement de la Formation Professionnelle Continue – INFPC).
Here you can find more information on how to request your grant.
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER INFO
If you’re looking for more information on how to finance your professional project management training, feel free to get in touch using this form.
The Summer is about to start… take the opportunity to invest some of your time to upgrade your skills!
Have a look at this list of confirmed courses: you can choose to learn more about PRINCE2 Project Management and IT Service Management (ITIL).
JUNE AND JULY CONFIRMED COURSES
- Project Management – PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner: 11-12-13-14-15 June (FR) Lux —> More Info
- IT Service Management – ITIL Foundation: 13-14-15 June (EN) Lux —> More Info
- Project Management – PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner: 2-3-4-5-6 July (EN) Lux —> More Info
- Project Management – PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner: 20-24 August 2018 (EN) Lux —> More Info
MORE PEOPLE TO TRAIN?
Get in touch with us to discuss the best solution for your team!
Agile approaches are no longer limited to software development. They are more and more popular with various organizations that need to be more flexible and responsive to effectively address their increasing pace of change. Agile Project Management is an innovative approach to project management.
This 1 hour webinar, followed by almost 100 professionals from all over Europe, will introduce you to the different agile methods, the principles of the AgilePM approach and the tools needed to manage projects in an Agile way.
STRUCTURE OF THE WEBINAR
- The “Agile Manifesto”: philosophy, principles, behaviors
- Intro to the most known and used agile PRACTICES: MoSCoW, Time Boxing, Iterative Development, Daily stand up meetings etc..
- Intro to the most known and used agile TOOLS: Burn charts, Kanban, User stories…
- Intro to different agile APPROACHES: Scrum, Lean, XP, AgilePM, AgileBA, DevOps, SAFe …
- Overview of Agile Project Management (AgilePM): roles, responsibilities, principles, timeboxing …
- Q&A Session
DIGITAL BADGE – WHY YOU SHOULD CLAIM YOURS
APMG International has launched digital badges for successful candidates to share a credential online and easily broadcast certified skills to employers and other interested parties.
Nicholas Houlton, COO, APMG International describes the new solution as follows:
“Our open badges are secure digital representations of credentials. Through a single click employers can verify the certification, understand the qualification and something of the process required to earn it. The badge can be easily embedded on a CV, email signature and social networking sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.”
Sharing your certification success demonstrates that you are committed to continual improvement, shows that your skills are current and that you are a highly skilled professional!
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR BADGE
Digital badges are available for exams currently delivered by APMG (AgilePM and Change Management). To access your digital badge, you must have taken your exam with APMG International from 1 January 2016 to current date. To embed your digital badge simply log into the APMG candidate portal and click on the create badge button.
What does it take to become Agile?
One of the key difficulties when we talk about ‘agile’ is that this is a very broad and general term and it means different things to different people. There are usually 2 common interpretations of agile:
- Flexible, responsive to customer needs, early to market with products that customers actually want;
- Internal capability, skills and commitment to implementing change constantly, allowing the business model to evolve to meet the needs of a fast-changing market place.
These perceptions share a positivity about ‘agile’, it is clearly perceived as a good thing. At the same time, this highlights that there are different interpretations of what Agile means, different ideas about how to adopt it and therefore different methods and frameworks that could be chosen.
AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) is an innovative approach to project management and an actual Project Management method. It helps people work effectively together to achieve business goals. This guidance provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
Agile Project Management is the result of the collaboration between APMG International and the DSDM Consortium.
- 60.000 certifications (globally since 2011)
- 2 certification levels: AgilePM Foundation and AgilePM Practitioner
- Courses available in Brussels and Anwterp
- Course and exam language: English
Scrum is an Agile framework for completing complex projects. Scrum method originally was formalized for software development projects, but it works well for any complex, innovative scope of work.
- 368.000 certifications (Scrum Alliance data)
- 3 certification levels: Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Scrum Developer
- Courses available in Brussels, Gent and Anwterp
- Course and exam language: English and French
WANT TO KNOW MORE ON THESE AGILE METHODS?
We can help you identify the right Agile method for you and your organization: use this form to get in touch!