ITIL Managing Professional
ITIL 4 Managing Professional (ITIL MP) targets IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across businesses.
The Managing Professional (MP) stream provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows.
- ITIL Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) - the ‘Engine Room’ of the digital and I.T. function
- ITIL Direct, Plan & Improve (DPI) - bringing digital I.T. strategies to life
- ITIL High Velocity IT (HVIT) - the future of digital and I.T. services
- ITIL Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV) - ensuring digital and I.T. services delight
The ITIL Managing Professional Stream in practice
ITIL 4 Managing Professional consists of four modules:
- ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (universal module)
- ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT
To obtain the designation ITIL 4 Managing Professional or ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, the candidate must complete all modules in each stream, with ITIL Strategist being a universal module for both streams.
Accredited training for the ITIL 4 Managing Professional modules is mandatory to enable full understanding of the core material. All modules have ITIL 4 Foundation as a prerequisite.
ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver & Support
This module covers the ‘core’ service management activities and expands the current scope of ITIL to cover the ‘creation’ of services. The module focuses on the integration of different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services whilst also covering supporting practices, methods and tools.
It will also cover service performance and will give practitioners an understanding of service quality and improvement methods. It will enable IT practitioners to continue to deliver innovative yet reliable tech-enabled services to their customers in an increasingly competitive market.
ITIL Specialist Create, Deliver and Support is aimed at ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery.
ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan & Improve
This module provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organisation’s advantage. It will provide practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
ITIL Strategist Direct Plan and Improve is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
Therefore, it is the universal module which will be a key component of both streams, ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader.
ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT
This module explores the ways in which digital organisations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments. It will help aspiring organisations to operate in a similar way to successful digitally-native organisations.
The module includes the use of working practices such as Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as Cloud, Automation, and Automatic Testing, focusing on rapid delivery of products & services to obtain maximum value.
ITIL Specialist High Velocity IT is aimed at IT managers and practitioners involved in digital services or working in digital transformation projects, working within or towards high velocity environments.
ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value
This module covers all types of engagement and interaction between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners. It focuses on the conversion of demand into value via IT-enabled services.
The module covers key topics such as SLA design, multi-supplier management, communication, relationship management, CX and UX design, customer journey mapping, and more.
It will provide candidates with the tools to increase stakeholder satisfaction which is integral to business success in the current competitive landscape.
ITIL Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value is aimed at practitioners who are responsible for managing and integrating stakeholders, focus on the customer journey and experience, and/or are responsible for fostering relationships with partners and suppliers.
ITIL Managing Professional Stream: benefits
- ITIL Create, Deliver & Support can help you make immediate tangible changes to your organisation’s working methods in service management. ITIL CDS gives you a practical and holistic approach to the creation and management of effective and streamlined services.
- ITIL Direct Plan & Improve can support you in creating an evolving IT organisation with a strong and effective strategic direction. ITIL DPI equips you with the skills to control, influence and inspire others to work in a desired way and create effective, high performing IT and digital teams.
- ITIL High Velocity IT focuses on the characteristics of high-velocity organisations and demonstrates how ITIL’s operating model, principles and operational practices can be used for digital delivery, from optimization to radical transformation. ITIL HVIT can enable you and your organisation to update your skills and working methods for the digital era.
- ITIL Drive Stakeholder Value drives you to interact with stakeholders to influence and improve the user experience. ITIL DSV provides you with the tools to increase stakeholder satisfaction by co-creating value which is integral to business success in the modern service economy.
Ask for more information
If you have any questions or would like to receive further information please do not hesitate to contact us using the form.
- 20+ years of experience
- 30,000+ professionals trained
- Only accredited training