ITIL Strategic Leader
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader (ITIL SL) recognizes the value of ITIL, not just for IT operations, but for all digitally-enabled services. Becoming an ITIL SL demonstrates that the individual has a clear understanding of how IT influences and directs business strategy.
- ITIL Direct, Plan & Improve (DPI) - bringing digital I.T. strategies to life
- ITIL Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) - enabling business success through the creation of IT and digital strategies
The ITIL Strategic Leader Stream in practice
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader consists of two modules:
- ITIL Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (universal module)
- ITIL Leader Digital and IT Strategy.
To obtain the designation ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, the candidate must complete both modules.
Accredited training for the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader modules is mandatory to enable full understanding of the core material. ITIL 4 Foundation is a prerequisite for all modules. In addition, the ITIL Leader module requires a minimum of three years of IT managerial experience.
ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan & Improve
This module provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organisation’s advantage. It will provide ITIL practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
ITIL Strategist Direct Plan and Improve is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
Therefore, it is the universal module which will be a key component of both streams, ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader.
ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy
This module explores the use of the ITIL framework to support organisations on their digital transformation journey. ITIL DITS provides a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges and utilises the potential of modern technology to achieve the most value from digital.
The module enables IT and digital leaders to influence and drive strategic business decisions, by helping them to:
- Create an appropriate digital strategy aligned to the wider business goals
- Understand how business and IT leaders across the globe are responding to digital disruption by reshaping corporate strategy, adapting processes and even repurposing entire business models.
- Explore the use of the ITIL 4 framework to support organizations on their digital transformation journey, addressing service management challenges and utilizing new technology.
The module also covers how ITIL 4 can be integrated with emerging practices and new technologies to meet new internal and external challenges.
ITIL Strategic Leader Stream: benefits
- ITIL Direct Plan & Improve can support you in creating an evolving IT organisation with a strong and effective strategic direction. ITIL DPI equips you with the skills to control, influence and inspire others to work in a desired way and create effective, high performing IT and digital teams.
- ITIL Digital IT Strategy can help you create an appropriate digital strategy aligned to the wider business goals. ITIL DITS prepares you and your organisation for the digital future.
Ask for more information
If you have any questions or would like to receive further information please do not hesitate to contact us using the form.
- 20+ years of experience
- 30,000+ professionals trained
- Only accredited training