Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
- Individuals continuing their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery
- existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge.
- Number of questions: 40
- Type of questions: multiple choice
- Marks: 40 marks available.
- Provisional pass mark: 70% or higher (28 marks or above)
- Duration: 90 minutes (113 for non-native speakers)
- This is a ‘closed book’ examination
The candidate must have passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination. In addition, the candidate must have attended an accredited training course for this module.
The Certification Exam takes place the last day of the course, the third day, in the afternoon. Open-course participants may need to bring their laptop in order to take the on-line exam.
The candidate must have passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination. The pre-reading material will be available before of the beginning of the course, participants are encouraged to study it before the beginning of the course. A good knowledge of English is mandatory.
The following ITIL 4 Specialist CDS course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide – available online.
- ITIL 4 Specialist CDS Event Handout
This handout contains exercises and solutions, CDS test-exams and hints & tips for the Examination.