Setting up and Running a PMO: a Discussion of Pitfalls
QRP International has a long experience in organising training for project, programme and portfolio managers. QRP has assisted many professionals and their organisation in setting up and running a PMO (Project Management Office). Following a training is a first step in getting inspired. Translating this inspiration into practice is the second step. In traditional training, this is not part of a course and each delegate is left alone. The road to successfully implement what you have learned is often hard and lonely as a strategic PMO is just a few people or sometimes exists only of one person within a large organisation.
ABOUT THE USER GROUP
This user group has the aim to respond to this need. The goal is to bring similar backgrounds and profiles together to discuss specific topics within PMO management. This session will be guided by a PMO expert that will manage the discussion.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
- Discuss your doubts and issues on setting up and running a PMO
- Discover practical solutions of others
- Talk to an expert trainer/consultant
- Get inspired
- Get 1,5 PDU!
SPEAKER DISCUSSION TOPICS
Speaker: Dominique-Vautrot Schwarz, Portfolio Management Officer at POST Luxembourg
In her presentation, Dominique will share how POST Luxembourg has capitalized on Human Change Management to overcome Enterprise PMO pitfills. Setting up an Enterprise PMO is usually a long run full of potential pitfalls, depending on the context, size and awareness of the organisation. POST Luxembourg launched its E-PMO in 2018 and decided to apply Human Change Management practices from the very beginning. We will hear and discuss together about the experiences made and concrete results achieved.
WHERE & WHEN?
- Location: Spaces Place de la Gare – 5 Place de la Gare – Luxembourg
- Date: Wednesday 23rd of November
- Time: 17h30 – 19h00 – registration starts at 17h00
- Language: English
- Catering: Soft drinks, water, coffee, tea and sandwiches foreseen
- Attendance fee: FREE! Registration required
- Inscription: to enroll please fill in the form below and click on “Register Now”
For more information about the content, contact us and we will reply you with a mail or call as soon as possible.
NOTE: This user group is an information session containing interactive elements. This session will not give you any formal qualification Best Practices.